Monday, February 6, 2017

ARC Review: Wolf Moon

I'm so behind with Lisa Kessler's Moon Series, but better late than never. I have read the first book (Adam's story) and the sixth book (Logan's story), but when an email came through asking if I wanted to read the newest and seventh book (Luke's story), I couldn't resist. Check out my review below.

Title: Wolf Moon
Series: Moon Series
Author: Lisa Kessler
Publisher: Entangled: Select Otherworld
Release Date: February 6, 2017
Pages: 248
Buy Links: Amazon | iBooks | Kobo | BN

Blurb:
As the last Pack member without a mate, Luke Reynolds has become an outsider. When he takes a job as the head horse trainer in Sedona, Arizona, he’s looking forward to starting a new life. But everything changes the night he finds a beautiful woman stranded on the side of the highway.
Raven Wood has been bitten and turned against her will. Luckily, her spirit is stronger than most, and she has every intention of escaping the Sedona Pack. Somehow. The sexy lone wolf who rescues her might be just the answer she’s looking for.
But the Sedona Pack Alpha has a mission, and unless Luke and Raven can stop him, they’ll lose everything.

Action-packed and quite epic!

I have been reading this series out of order, and this has been the third book I've read from the series. I must say that this was my favorite book so far! I loved it so much!

Chapter 1 was such a great example of how to write a proper story. If that doesn't sell this book to you, I don't know what would.

Luke was afraid he'd never find his mate, but when he did, wow, what a dilemma!

There was a part when Luke was beaten to a pulp and he couldn't fight back. That was such a gruesome thing to read, but it was necessary. I thought it only strengthened his resolve to successfully infiltrate the pack of misguided wolves led by a sinister Alpha. 

Raven was a headstrong woman who was bitten to become part of an army of werewolves. The instinct to protect was just as present as it was inside Luke's. It was so energizing reading about Raven and Luke trying to protect each other. 

One of my favorite things from this book was in chapter one when the author inserted all kinds of ironic things that the readers would have already known, but Raven didn't. It was fun waiting for her to piece things together and figure things out.

Raven: "You're very sexy when you lift saddles like they weigh nothing."
Luke: "And just so you know... I lift saddles multiple times a day."
Raven: "Is that a challenge?"
Luke: "Nah. Just thought you might want to know."

Another thing I really enjoyed was how Luke kept trying to teach other wolves in the pack he'd infiltrated how to properly greet each other. I thought it was so honorable and... right. 

I also really enjoyed the part when they all turned under a full moon and someone had to bite Luke's tail in order to prevent him from giving away his cover. It would seem that his wolf wasn't in on the secret ;)

Overall, this book made me glad I started reading paranormal romance again. That's not to say I'd actively seek them out now, but I'm glad I'm reading this series. 

"I'd rather have a little place so I can keep accidentally bumping into you."


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reviewing Wolf Moon!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed the book...

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete