Tuesday, October 11, 2016

ARC Review: Bound to Submit

Laura Kaye is one of my absolute favorite authors for a reason... When she releases new books and offers them for review, I'm always at the front of the line to sign up. Check out my review below of her latest new release.

Title: Bound to Submit
Series: Blasphemy, #1
Author: Laura Kaye
Self-Published
Release Date: October 11, 2016
Pages: 154
Buy Links: Amazon Paperback | Kindle
BN | iBooks | Kobo

Blurb:

From the ruins of an abandoned church comes Baltimore’s hottest and most exclusive BDSM club. Twelve Masters. Infinite fantasies. Welcome to Blasphemy…

He thinks he caused her pain, but she knows he’s the only one who can heal her…

Kenna Sloane lost her career and her arm in the Marines, and now she feels like she’s losing herself. Submission is the only thing that ever freed her from pain and made her feel secure, and Kenna needs to serve again. Bad. The only problem is the Dom she wants once refused her submission and broke her heart, but, scarred on the inside and out, she’s not looking for love this time. She’s not even sure she’s capable.

Griffin Hudson is haunted by the mistakes that cost him the only woman he ever loved. Now she’s back at his BDSM club, Blasphemy, and more beautiful than ever, and she’s asking for his help with the pain he knows he caused. Even though he’s scared to hurt her again, he can’t refuse her, because he’d give anything to earn a second chance. And this time, he’ll hold on forever.


Intricately hot and emotional!

Master Griffin and Kenna Sloane both had something to feel guilty about. Together, they faced their fears and battled their demons, and it was so beautiful. I was crying towards the end of this book and the damn tears just wouldn't stop!

Kenna felt self-conscious about her arm; she felt like people would be put off by it, but the one opinion she really cared about was Griffin's. His reaction to her insecurities was so passionate that I was overwhelmed with admiration for his character.

"Are you under the impression that your amputation in any way detracts from my attraction to you? Because if you are, I'm telling you right fucking now that you're the most beautiful woman I've ever known in my whole goddamned life and nothing--nothing--could ever change that."

The way that Griffin embraced all of Kenna, even as she thought she was incomplete or undeserving, was so inspiring. His feelings for her helped him show Kenna that he wasn't going anywhere.

Kenna: "It can't exactly cut me, Griffin."
Griffin: "That's not fucking funny, Kenna."

There was one really intense scene that brought so much tears in my eyes. I just couldn't wait for you all to read it. It was so amazing and heart wrenching at the same time. Especially when Griffin had to text '911' to one of the other Doms. Just brilliant how they were all there for each other whenever assistance was needed.

One of my favorite parts was finding out Griffin drove an Audi A7. What a sexy car for a sexy man. Can every sexy man just drive an Audi, please?

There were two things I wanted to mention though. First, it seemed that in any BDSM situation that took place in someone's personal abode, there was always a wash cloth in the bathroom for someone to use. I mean, I don't even own a wash cloth. How do these characters just always happen to have a wash cloth at the ready? (lol)

Second, the ending felt a bit incomplete. There was one scene I was hoping to see, but when I saw "the end" and didn't read about the scene, I was a bit disappointed. Well, I guess when Griffin thought "it was private", I guess that meant the reader couldn't read about it either. Darn it! 

Overall, though, this book was so good. I have always devoured Laura's books and this was no different. I would highly recommend it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment