Tuesday, May 31, 2016

ARC Review: Stacked Up

I wasn't able to read all the books in this series, but the ones that I have read, they were all amazing. Now, the final book of the series is Travis's book and I couldn't have asked for a better ending!

Title: Stacked Up
Series: Worth the Fight, #6
Author: Sidney Halston
Publisher: Loveswept
Release Date: May 31, 2016
Pages: 263
Buy Link: Amazon

Blurb:
Working two jobs to support her infant daughter is harder than anything Penny Richards has ever done, but it sure beats living under the rules of her stepfather, a television preacher who demands a picture-perfect family. And if Penny hadn’t struck out on her own, she never would have met Travis Calhoun. The intensely physical heavyweight brawler has a way of drawing out her wild side. But Travis lives fast, with no responsibilities—and that just isn’t for Penny.
 
Most of the women in Travis’s circle wear tight clothes, high heels, and tons of makeup—not pearls or plaid headbands. But once he works past Penny’s inhibitions, Travis discovers a kindred spirit who longs to trust someone with her body, and her secrets. Still, Travis can’t help but wonder if this rich girl is just slumming it before she returns to her privileged life. Now it’s up to Penny to prove that she wants her hard-edged, hard-loving fighter just the way he is.



This book gave me all the feels and them some!

Where do I even start? From the very beginning to the very end, this book was all kinds of amazing. There wasn't a dull moment, and I wanted to keep on turning the pages to see what happened next.

Travis was one heck of a guy. No one could say anything bad about him, but it wasn't because he was perfect. He had a troubled past, which shaped him into the amazing man that he became.

"What are you doing?" Travis asked, alarmed. He stood up and held his hands out. "Do not pull out your boob."
"Travis, I need to feed her," she said incredulously.
"No, no. I don't need to see my sister's boob in my niece's mouth. That shit can't be unseen." He walked out of the nursery, yelling over his shoulder, "I'll be in the living room having a beer, maybe bleaching my eyes."

Penny ran away from home with her daughter Belle. If I was being judgmental, I wouldn't have believed they could survive, given that Penny grew up very sheltered. But reading about her struggles and how she'd overcome them for her daughter; I was awed and inspired. She was such a great role model. I also enjoyed the moments when she would literally just spill her heart out to Travis, because that's what best friends do.

Travis: "Little girl, it's time you walked. Calhouns don't like lazy. Plus I saw a piece of cake in the bag. Come and get it."
Penny: "You do know that she's not a dog, cowboy?"
Travis: "I know, but let's give her some incentive, no?"
He started eating.
Penny: "You like the food, cowboy?"
Travis: "Oh, uh... hell yeah. It was great."

Penny: "Really? What was it?"

He looked down and licked his fork.

Travis: "Fucking great food is what it was."


Belle, oh my gosh, the cutest little girl I've ever read in a book. I lived for the moments when she said "My Twavis." Have I mentioned the feels in this book? I think I fell in love as much as the characters did in this book.

Of course, I loved the humor that I'd come to know from Sidney's books. I cannot wait to read more of them in the future. If you're looking for a new series, or even just a new book to get you out of a reading slump, this is the one. I promise you.

Chrissy: "Seriously, guys?"
Francesca: "You guys are afraid of a one-year-old kid?"
Tony: "No, we're afraid of crying females. Age is of little importance."

Below are some of my other favorite quotes from the book.

"I more than want to try. I'm not really a try kind of guy. I'm more of a go-all-in kind of guy." --Travis

He parked in front of a huge toy store.
"I know you're going to complain, so all I'm going to say is that it doesn't concern you. It's between me and Belle. Isn't that right, baby girl?"
"Twavis," she repeated with a giggle.

Read my reviews of the other books:

0 comments:

Post a Comment