Thursday, October 1, 2015

Review: If You Want Me

Title: If You Want Me
Series: The Ashford Legacy, #2
Author: Cassi Carver
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Release Date: June 24, 2014
Pages: 107
Buy Links: Amazon | Samhain | iBooks | BN

Blurb:

Revenge wasn’t supposed to be this sweet…
Sara Castillo has sworn never to get sucked into the world of the rich and famous, not after billionaire Benjamin Swayne broke her heart and left her carrying the burden of their shared secret.
Now Sara has a successful career working with her dear friend, Kyle Ashford, and her life runs like a well-oiled machine—until Kyle chooses Ben as his best man. No way will Sara let the renowned bad boy turn Kyle’s bachelor party into a front-page fiasco. She’s going to plan the party herself…even if she has to blackmail Ben into agreeing.
Ben isn’t thrilled about working with a woman who’d like to shank him and dump his body in a roadside ditch. But he’s willing to let Sara meddle, if only to teach her a lesson. And if the sight and scent of his old flame still makes his head swim…well, tough.
After Kyle’s party is wrapped up, Ben may finally be able to put Sara in the past. That is, if their time together doesn’t convince them they have a future.
Warning: This book contains a woman who likes being in control, a billionaire who likes to make her lose it, and enough sex toys to satisfy an army.




"You hungry?" he asked.

She wasn't, but it was such a waste to go to bed and let the fruit go untouched. She found the cupboard containing dishes and put a few skewers of melon and pineapple on a plate. "Sure, thanks. I'll take a couple of these to bed."

He put her purse down by her luggage. "You want a glass of wine or anything?"

Crap, he was being so nice, it was killing her. They hadn't been nice to each other for the better part of a decade, and Sara almost didn't know how to respond. "Water is fine...thanks. And can I get you...some fruit or something?"

He uncapped a bottle of water and handed it to her, then peeled back the plastic covering the dessert basket. "Nah. No fruit for me. I think I need something with a little more kick." He sorted through a stack of gourmet cookies and came up with a white chocolate macadamia nut slab as big as his palm.

She chuckled. "I don't know how you can eat like that and still look like you do."

He raised his brows and leaned back against the wall, surely knowing it made his shirt pull tight over his abs. "Why? How do I look?"

Her gaze ran over his lean, muscled body. He looked like he'd taste better than that damn cookie is how he looked. But they weren't so friendly yet that she'd admit it. "Healthy, Ben. You look healthy." He looked like her greatest mistake and her greatest temptation, all wrapped up in one heart-stopping package."


Where do I start this review? This book was all kinds of brilliant! It is late at night and here I am, writing this review. Go figure.

Let's just dive right into it, shall we? Sara was the kind of woman I wanted to be, if I was being honest. She was strong and powerful in her own way, even if she wasn't the boss. I wanted her skills in controlling her facial expressions and keeping her cool at all times. She was an absolute queen in my eyes.

"The women. I mean, do we have to share, or are we taking turns?
Is this by the hour or do we have all night?" --Sara

And then, there was Ben. Oh man... Ben had a friend called Big P. They were very good friends. I absolutely LOVED them both ;) This book was so funny and emotional at the same time. I absolutely loved that. I couldn't put this down. By the time I got to the end, I thought it was so epic that I wanted more! I didn't want it to end!

Sara and Ben had an explosive chemistry that was clear from the very beginning. I just found their story so romantic!

If I'm not mistaken, there's only one book left in this series. Oh, why did they have to end?

Anyway, if you're looking for a great read, I highly suggest this series. Click here if you want to read my review of If You Need Me, book 1 of the Ashford Legacy.



Arianne

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review "If You Want Me"! Yes, it was an emotional experience for me as I was writing it, and I'm so glad a little of that came through in the book!

    ReplyDelete