Friday, May 15, 2015

Review: If You Need Me

I think Cassi Carver is quite underrated as an author. Just look at her ratings on Amazon: she has 4 and 5 stars, but not enough exposure.. Here's to hoping this one review will change that, even if just in a small way...

Title: If You Need Me
Series: The Ashford Legacy, #1
Author: Cassi Carver
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Release Date: March 18, 2014
Pages: 99
Buy Links: Amazon | Samhain | BN | ARe

I was gifted a copy of this book for an honest review.

Blurb:

How far will she go for love?

Erotica author Rayna Sommers wears a daring smile in her publicity photos, but the truth would shock her legions of fans. The woman whose stories take readers on wild sexual adventures to exotic locales is terrified of the world outside her front door.

Isolation may be safe, but it’s also quite lonely until Rayna meets a charming fan online. Kyle is sexy, funny, everything Rayna desires, and soon their daily emails flare into sizzling-hot video chats. Too bad Kyle lives on the East Coast and Rayna on the West. For a woman who can’t even cross the street, much less the country, her dream of a life with Kyle is just too far out of reach.

Kyle has an even bigger problem than getting Rayna Sommers to step outside her comfort zone. He’s head over heels in love with her, but he hasn’t told her the truth. He’s really Kyle Ashford, billionaire heir to the Ashford empire. The owner of the company that’s about to shut her publisher—and her livelihood—down for good.

Warning: This book contains a sexy billionaire who knows what he wants, a housebound author who’d love to give it to him, and a special-needs pet hen that just might steal your heart.


Contemporary is one of my favorite genres of romance. I just think it's the most relatable genre and most realistic.

I came across this book when Samhain was having a sale on their website. I contacted the author and it turns out, I had the perk of getting review copies for being part of the author's street team. Since this was the first book, I went ahead and accepted it to see if I would like it.

Rayna had agoraphobia which meant she couldn't leave the house without getting really panicky. I could understand the struggle since I have anxiety and sometimes being out in public is a difficulty. Having a relatable character certainly was a winner for me.

Rayna's relationship with Kyle could be viewed as too good to be true. However, Kyle proved that he was real and he was not messing around. I really appreciated the way he cared for Rayna and tried to understand her situation without judging her. 

I sent a message to Cassi a few times commenting on the book as I read, and one of my favorite parts was when Rayna shrieked at Kyle saying "give me my chicken!" I mean, not only did she have a phobia, but she also had a pet chicken. It was an interesting combination.

Overall, this was such a fun read. Just be warned that this book isn't a clean contemporary. I mean, Rayna was an erotica author. What do you expect? ;) I do think it's worth the read. I really enjoyed it.

P.S. I just bought the second book on Amazon. Watch out for a review in about a month or so :)


Arianne

0 comments:

Post a Comment