Thursday, January 30, 2014

Review: The Sweetest Seduction



Title: The Sweetest Seduction
Series: The Kelley Brothers, #1
Author: Crista McHugh
Self Published
Release Date: December 26, 2013

Pages: 198
Buy LinksAmazon (Kindle) | Amazon (Paperback)

Blurb:

Lia Mantovani has created one of the hottest restaurants on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, but all that could disappear if she loses her lease with Kelly Properties. Having had her dreams ripped away from her before, she’ll do everything in her power to keep her restaurant. Her fate hangs on the whims of the frustratingly handsome Adam Kelly.

Adam has spent years trying to convince world famous chef Amadeus Schlittler to open a restaurant in Chicago, but he wants the prime location held by Lia. Business has always come first… until sparks fly when Adam meets her. When things get hot outside the kitchen, though, they’re both in danger of getting burned.


Review

Crista McHugh is a superstar!

Not only do I love chef stories, I love stories about wealthy people who are down to earth. This was the first contemporary story I've read from the author and it was light,  heartwarming, and sexy. I enjoyed Adam's unquenchable thirst for Lia and I loved Lia's passion for cooking.

Each character were very different from each other and I thought the author wrote the story well. What I enjoyed even more was Adam's mother. Clearly, she had more power than I thought in the beginning. The little twist of the story was a sweet surprise. Let's just say I love strong, powerful women.

I also liked the humor. Contemporary romance isn't good without a sense of humor. I loved that the characters were able to joke with each other, even during serious times.

Lia: "What's the on the menu?"
Adam: "I bet you enjoy asking that for a change. We have a gourmet selection of sandwiches. Turkey and Gouda. Ham and Swiss. Roast beef and cheddar. And last, but not least, the classic PB and J."
Lia: "What? No caviar and champagne?"
Adam: "Nope, but I have potato chips, dill pickles, and the ever-refreshing Coca-Cola." He held out a bottle of pop like it was a bottle of Dom Perignon.

Overall, I would recommend this book if you just want to relax and feel good inside :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment