Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Character Interview: A Long Time Coming


Title: A Long Time Coming
Series: Perfect Timing, #2
Author: Heather Van Fleet
Publisher: Sunshine Press
Release Date: November 8, 2013
Pages: 266
Buy LinksSmashwords | ARe | Sunshine Press | Amazon | BN

Trailer


Blurb:

Abigail Orson has a problem. A love problem to be precise; and she has absolutely no idea how to go about fixing it.
For years now, she has been chasing her best friend’s brother—demanding things from him that he’s never wanted to give. For one? A real relationship that surpasses well beyond that dreaded ‘just friends’ zone. You see, David Anderson is her idea of perfection to a T. The one and only guy who has ever had the ability to make her heart beat faster; make her toes curl with the simple blink of his long, girly lashes. But David is also a recovering amputee, and the only thing he really wants from Abigail is to be left alone. Abigail is a fighter though, and losing the one guy who has ruined her for every other is no longer an option.

A guy with one leg who has lost his motivation to live—to love—to actually be a man. David believes he’s a waste of space. If only the beautiful girl of his unattainable dreams would get that through her perfect, blonde, stubborn head! He’s not the right guy for Abigail. He’ll never be worthy of what she deserves. However, staying away is almost impossible, especially when he’s just as in love with her as she is with him. But Abigail has a life ahead of her, one that’s definitely livable without a nineteen–year–old gimp like him holding her down. What makes her want to stick around is beyond questionable to David’s mind.

Choices will be made. Lines will be drawn. And together, they will face challenges that nobody saw coming. David and Abigail may have had almost fourteen years to fall in love, but the thing is, timing and love have never exactly worked in their favor.
It has been years in the making, and definitely A Long Time Coming for David and Abigail. Let’s hope they don’t screw it up before they actually have the chance to get it right…

Excerpt :

She spun around, nibbling on her lip, grabbing both of his hands as she pulled him slowly along with her. Her eyes were so focused and shiny that he barely remembered his own name, let alone what he was about to say.
“No crutches, David.” 

They made it to the edge of the floor, just as the tempo of the music slowed, to that of a seductive, rhythmic beat. She pulled his hands towards her, and he took that non–verbal command, wrapping his arms around her waist. His fingers knew just what to do, settling into the curves of her body right above her perfect ass. Those damn traitorous body parts had a mind of their own. 

“I won’t let you fall…” she whispered in his ear, running her fingers through the back of his hair like a vixen who he wanted to steal away forever, only, though, so he could lock her up with him in the backseat of her car again.

Shit …it wasn’t the fear of falling that worried him. Oh no…it was the fear of never wanting to let her go again.

Character Interview

Me: Hey David, have a seat! We need to have a little chat! *smiles knowingly as David sits across the table from me* Note to self: he looks a little pissed at me. Can’t imagine why? :)

David: What’s this all about anyway? You bring me here to mess with my life some more?

Me: *cringes* Um, yeah…about that? I’m sorry.

David: *shrugs* Guess it’s your job as an author, huh? *smiles…just a little bit* I should probably apologize too. I haven’t been the easiest of characters to write about, huh?

Me: Let’s just call it a tie and shake on it, k? *reaches across the table to shake*

David: *Grins and shakes his head…and my hand*

Me: Okay then. I brought you to my humble abode today because I wanted to just hang. Find out what’s been going on since I last left you on that dance floor with your wife might I add? *See…I’m not all that bad*

David: *Sits back in his chair and folds his arms over his chest. That grin of his face is truly infectious might I add.* I’ve been really good, actually. You did well. Abs is at home on bed rest though…did you know about that? *raises one brow in suspicion*

Me: *giggles* Nope, not this time buddy. Is she okay?

David: She’s great. Better than great. Just dealing with a little blood pressure issue. Nothing major. She’s set to be induced next Monday.

Me: *claps all too giddily for my own good* Well hot damn. I can’t wait to be a book auntie. You ready to tell us about this baby now?

David: *Smiles brightly* You mean, about my daughter? Heather?

Me: *gets all teary eyed* You seriously did not name your baby after me, did you?

David: *leans forward resting his elbows against my table* Of course we are. You and fate brought us together in the end, so we figured that was the perfect thanks.

Me: *tears* Okay…moving on before I get blubbery. Tell me about you…how you’ve been feeling. How the leg is, and what you’re doing now?

David: Well, I’m feeling really good. The prosthetic is finally working out right. I just finished school a week ago and am now a full time physical therapist. Mainly I work with kids though. Easier than dealing with cranky asses like myself. 

Me: *nods* Yeah…you got way too broody for me for a while there in your story, you know. I think you irritated a few of my readers even. 

David: *frowns, but doesn’t respond.* 

Me: *Leans over the table to pat his hands* It’s all good. That was just you. I get it and I wouldn’t have you any other way.

David: *grins again* 

Me: *Man…this boy/man is something else.* Okay, let’s talk about something serious. What were you thinking that night in the car when you and Abs first got together?

David: I wasn’t thinking. I was drunk and stupid. 

Me: No…you were in love and needing her.

David: Okay, fine. Yes. I admit it. But it wasn’t the right time for us. Timing is everything, right? I mean, I needed to grow up. Be a man. It just took me a long as time to get there. Don’t knock me for wanting to make sure, Ms. Van Fleet.

Me: *Grins and shakes head* Yeah, I get it. Moving on. How’s your mom?

David: Healthy. Happy. Eagerly waiting for her first grandchild to be born. I really feel sorry for my little Heather. She’s in for it being the first Anderson grandchild and all.

Me: *smiles* She’s amazing. I love that woman like my own mom.

David: She is. I treated her pretty badly in the past, but we’ve never been closer.

Me: Good to hear. Give her my love. And your dad the mountain man hugs too.

David: Yep, no problem.

Me: Okay, rapid fire question time. You ready for this?

David *brows pinch together. The evil glare is back.*

ME: Number one: boxers or briefs.

David: *throws head back to stare at the ceiling. His cheeks are bright red* Boxers.

Me: Fate or Destiny.

David: What’s difference?

Me: Just answer it.

David: *frowns* Fate.

Me: Next one: favorite flower type?

David: What am I, a girl?

Me: *growls*

David: Fine. Roses. Wasn’t that obvious enough for you?

Me: Oh yeah. The infamous flower/wooing scene. I think I might have swooned over you a bit myself.

David: *rolls eyes*

Me: Final one before I let you go back to your wifey.

David: Good. *huffs*

Me: *rolls eyes* Who do you look up to the most in your life and why?
David: There are two people I look up to the most. One is my twin sister, Harley. That girl is one hell of a fighter.

Me: She is, isn’t she? I miss her. Off the subject, how is she?

David: Good, her and surfer boy are hauled up in Santa Cruz still. She got a job at a local architect firm and Masons probably slacking in the ocean somewhere like a fool.

Me: Hey, don’t knock Mason. I heart that boy.

David *rolls eyes.*

Me: Okay, moving on again. Who is the other person you look up to the most?

David: My mom. She’s a fighter too. Cancer free and living a life most twenty year olds would dream of. Now that dad’s retired, they’re renovating the house. Just got a puppy to fill the ‘empty nest’ syndrome.
Me: Aww…I love those two.

David: *frowns and reaches into his pocket to pull out his vibrating cell* Shit. *Eyes me with evil disdain* 

Me: *Grins knowingly. I am the author in fact. I really do have all the control here.* You best get to your butt to Abs. My guess is this is not going to be an easy labor.

David: *Stands from the table, glaring down at me* 

Me: Love you too David! 

David: Ha! *shakes his head, smiling anyways as he heads towards the door.*

That boy is going to be one amazing daddy. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment