Sunday, March 31, 2013

Review: A Taste of Trouble



Title: A Taste of Trouble
Author: Gina Gordon
Publisher: Entangled Edge
Release Date: February 25, 2013
Pages: 216
Buy LinkAmazon

Blurb:

When Liv Crawford decided to pursue her dream of owning her own bakery, it was no surprise that she forgot to add “maintaining a serious relationship” to her business plan. Not when she believes a cupcake can fix anything, even loneliness.

Jake Miller isn’t concerned about being lonely. He’s cast aside his playboy lifestyle to pursue something more meaningful, his passion for photography. So, when his boss asks him to pursue a beautiful woman and coerce her to his office for a disguised meeting—no matter what it takes—in exchange for the opportunity to turn his hobby into a career, he jumps at the chance. At first sight, Liv awakens his long-buried desire for commitment, but his secret mission could ruin his hopes of keeping her.

Despite Liv’s commitment to swear off relationships to run her bakery, Jake quickly becomes her number one distraction. Yet, even her misgivings can’t tame the heat as they straddle the line between love and ambition.


Review

"For the love of all cupcakes, please don't let this man take my heart..."

This book was so sweet (pun intended)! In the beginning, I wasn't impressed. The cover was hot, but the scenes, not so much... I spoke too soon. The more I read, the more I fell in love. The scenes became hotter, and the emotions became more raw.

Jake met Liv under false pretenses. One thing he didn't expect was the all-too-real feelings that he developed for her. He tried to show her the honest side of him, the one who loved photography and held fundraisers to support a cause close to his heart. All of that was not enough when Liv found out his real intentions...

Liv was the queen of cupcakes. "There's nothing a cupcake can't fix." I love that quote! I love baking, but decorating cupcakes just isn't my forte. Reading about Liv's passion with baking was what made this book an enjoyable read. Add sex to those cupcakes? Well, then, we've got a winner ;)

I also loved that Liv had such an amazing support system of friends, and the same with Jake and his friends. They all looked out for each other and were very loyal. My favorite part was when Jake was making amends and his friends provided reinforcements based on their own specialty. My favorite was a mathematical formula on why Liv and Jake should be together. I would have loved to actually see what that formula was!

Overall, I would recommend this book!

0 comments:

Post a Comment